| |

Match Report: Burton Albion U18’s 0 – 4 Bradford City U18’s

A Reece Webb-Foster hat-trick and a goal from Rhys Jenkinson gave us a comfortable away win at Burton Albion this weekend. The 4-0 victory sees us go top of the league after Hull City lost 2-6 to Lincoln City.

The home side were first to test the goal, however we soon settled and began to dominate the game.

Our defence were solid throughout the first half and when attacking, we passed the ball without any hesitation.

Good link up play between U16’s Ellis Hudson and Sam Wright set up Danny Devine in the 4th minute but the ball was taken from his feet before he could shoot. The positive play continued when Zander McBurnie’s long ball found Webb-Foster. He played a square-ball to Joe Brennan but his effort just narrowly missed the target.

Webb-Foster was fouled outside the box on 9 minutes however, James Pollard’s failed to convert the resulting free-kick.

We managed to break the deadlock on 26 minutes from a good team build-up. Elliot Barker’s kick was headed by Hudson which allowed Danny Devine to place a through ball for Webb-Foster to chase. Webb-Foster’s fancy footwork gave him the time to curl the ball into the top corner.

Ellis Hudson found McBurnie’s pass on 35 minutes. He confidently took the ball up the pitch but his effort from just outside the box went past the post.

The second half couldn’t have started better. Ellis Hudson was fouled inside the box and we were awarded a penalty in the 47th minute. Webb-Foster stepped up to score his second of the game to make it 2-0.

Whenever Burton had the ball, we continued to apply pressure to re-gain possession. James Pollard’s free-kick was headed away by the defender but it kindly fell to Webb-Foster who was waiting to the left of the goal. He took the ball and leashed a powerful shot down the middle of goal to complete his hat-trick.

Just five minutes later we were 4-0 up. Again, from Barker’s goal kick, we managed to keep possession and attack the Burton goal. Joe Brennan’s header found Rhys Jenkinson who chipped the ball over the goal keeper in 64th minute.

Burton had a few chances in the remaining 30 minutes but our defence and Elliot Barker kept them out.  Overall, it was a pleasing team performance with some strong individual efforts.

Our game against Lincoln City that was rescheduled for today (24th February 2015) was postponed due to the weather and will be played on Tuesday 31st March 2015.

This weekend we welcome Hartlepool United at Rawdon Meadows, 11am K/O.

Watch match highlights below

Similar Posts