| |

5-12-2014 Hull City F.C. V Bradford City F.C. U18’s

Last Friday saw us travel over to Bishop Burton College to play Hull City. Going in to the game, Hull were top of the table and we were in second place 3 points behind with a game in hand.

It was a cagey opening 10 minutes with neither side able to dominate possession, On 15 minutes we were unlucky not to take the lead, after a strong run and cross by Luca Mellor, which was met by Reece Webb Foster but his header bounced off the post and the danger was cleared . On 22 minutes Callum Chippendales shot from the edge of the box was tipped wide by the Goalkeeper. On 25 minutes we managed to break the deadlock, after a cross in to the box by Jack Waters, Reece Webb Foster responded the quickest and fired home through bodies. We continued to press and nearly doubled our advantage on 35 minutes, Kesi Omolokun met Callum Chippendale’s free kick at the far post but his header went inches wide. On 39 minutes it was Hull who broke back to level the game. A swift counter attack was finished off to make the half time score 1-1.

In the second period it was Hull who came out of the blocks the quickest. We started taking chances and looked to play in the wrong areas. The danger signs were there to see and it was apparent that Hull were dangerous from set pieces.

A free header from a corner hit the bar then on 55 minutes they capitalised on poor marking. From a corner it was Hulls tall striker who climbed the highest to give them a 2-1 advantage.

From going a goal behind we responded well and started get back on the ball and passed it better. Our pressure told on 65 minutes, after a fine through ball by Callum Chippendale, Reece Webb Fosters first touch beat the goalkeeper and from the corner of the box hit a left foot shot in to the bottom corner past two recovering defenders. Hull responded well and Elliott Barker had to be at his best to tip over a header from a free kick. On 82 minutes we broke forward to score what was to be the winner. Rhys Jenkinson’s ball over the top was met by Reece Webb Foster who put the ball over the on rushing goalkeeper in to the empty net to claim his second hattrick in as many games.

The win takes us to the top of the league and has given us the confidence going in to our next game which is the FA Youth Cup 3rd round fixture against Liverpool on Monday 15th December. http://bit.ly/12mHnLT

Similar Posts